Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Reminder For a Busy Mama




A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self. -Charles Dickens








Although I see time spent working for my family as gift, not waste, I like this quote rather well. For it reminds me to remove the focus from myself.

I must not let me get in the way of serving them.

A short post, simply a moment to share what I am holding fast to in the midst of this busy season.

Be poured out, friends; be spilled, overflowed. Here is His promise for you, and here again.

It is no waste; go and gift yourself. It is your pleasure, is it not?


8 fellow travelers shared:

Andrea said...

Love it, Elise. The sweet picture, the glorious word of truth from the Lord, the Dickens quote. Thank you for the reminder in this busy time.

Andrea said...

Elise
I just read the link you provided to Ann's blog. Your post along with her's puts it into more and better perspective than it already did. I am speechless and wanting to be yielded to Him. Thanks again. a.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I just used that Proverbs scripture (her children arise and call her blessed) on a necklace I had made for my mom. She cried...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good encouragement, Elise! Your perspective is so refreshing and pure. It reminds me of Jim Elliot's words, "He is no fool who gives the thing he can not keep to buy what he can never lose."

Miriam

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to find strength in His word...I did so today and it was a blessing...

Anonymous said...

amen.

Randi said...

Great quote! I love this short and sweet post. The picture you posted with it is so cute too.

Anonymous said...

It helps in reminding us that we are doing something worthwhile huh? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails