Monday, April 30, 2007

Pain

For Stace.

When my heart is troubled and I am weighed down,
Then I like to think of how this lonesome world would be
If I could see your face, or hold you in my arms
If you were mine, if you were mine.

If you had a bad dream I would jump inside it,
And I would fight for you with all the strength that I could find.
I would lead you home by your tiny hand
If you were mine, if you were mine.

I would sing of love on the blackest night.
I would sing of God, and how His goodness fills our lives.
I would sing to you, 'til the morning light
If you were mine, if you were mine.


If You Were Mine - Fernando Ortega

Thinking of you tonight, friend. Tucking your little ones into bed, kissing their foreheads, promising in your heart to jump inside their dreams and protect them. And thinking of how the Father does the same over your bed tonight, giving you rest, and sheltering you in His arms. You are covered, Stace. We love you.
Related Posts with Thumbnails