Friday, September 14, 2007

Daily Joy

The timer rings. An hour has passed; it is my reminder to drink another glass of water.

But I am listening to Micah read his a words... Apple...at...has... and cannot move away, for he is tentative in this, his first lesson after a month away from his books.

For a moment, I think of the water I need, mentally reminding myself to pursue it once the lesson is over.

But before I know it, a hand rests on my shoulder. It is Corban, and he is holding a glass of water.


A joy indeed, to witness the servitude that comes so easily to young hearts. I pray always for this heart to be in my children.

"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." (Matthew 10:40-42)
It is in serving that we forget ourselves and remember others, and that is something our family has striven for in the days following our loss.

It has been a joy. To God be the glory.
Related Posts with Thumbnails