Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm Still Here...

...just a little overwhelmed.

Tonight, the baby has a temperature of 103 degrees. She bakes in her pink cloud, oblivious to the stolen visits of her mama and daddy to touch soft cheeks and uncover her warm body.

But all shall be well...

And my husband, 6'4", two-hundred six pounds, has been rejected for health insurance due to somewhat high cholesterol, and we are scrambling now to find coverage in our new home state.

School days fly by, and a distracted teacher-mama feels stretched thin between distractions from an almost-two-year-old, and lessons for the boys. Menus to plan. Overflowing laundry to tackle. A new ministry to be present for in this congregation.

Company coming, husband away overnight for ministry, leaky faucets in the bathroom...

...and all shall be well...

I don't wish to complain. And really, I don't feel that way. I rather feel as if my awareness of need for Him is heightened. And that's a good thing! Would that I had the time to spend more moments in quiet meditation with Him.

However, for now, every movement is an act of worship. Soft words for the little boy who is crying at the end of the day in penitence for his earlier actions. A gentle hug for the husband who is stressed over finances. A deliberate smoothing of the brow when I pass the mirror.

Was that a soft sigh, Beloved? Yes. I spied the laundry. Father, I am grateful for our ancient dryer. Please keep it with us a little longer.

...and all manner of things shall be well.

My inbox, it overflows with thoughts of love and care and concern. Prayer requests. Know that I pray for you, I do. And I long to sit and write each and every one of you, more than just a sentence, but it is not to be. For now.

We shall have our drawing on Sunday - hooray for new books! - and then I will be quiet for a bit. Still at the Cafe, though, so feel free to come by then! I will let you know...

Slipping away while all is quiet...

Love,
Elise

...but all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
-A refrain of hope and joy from Julian of Norwich
Related Posts with Thumbnails