Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Undercurrent

Quietly slipping in to say... I'm quietly slipping out for Lent. I'll quietly slip back in to draw... then quietly slip back out to live.

Too much has slipped through the cracks, and it's time to hone in on old habits... they need to die hard...

We plan to wear bracelets on our wrists (all but Eliana) to remind us of habits we are trying to break (our own spin on this beautiful example)... we will switch them to our other wrists when we fail... perhaps in twenty-one days a new habit will form, bracelets will not move from dawn till dark... sighing, whining, impatience, sharp tongues, slow obedience... These are the beginnings of our individual habits, but somehow writing them out reminds me that I suffer from every one of them myself...

How my husband and I long for our children to see us striving to learn alongside them... to be humbled as they are humbled... for them to see us fail and yet always try again...

You see? I must go. In a few weeks, I will quietly slip back in, but until then... I'm slipping away to simplify... to return to the One who loves me...
Related Posts with Thumbnails