Monday, November 03, 2008

But Not Abandoned...

Sometimes, there just aren't enough words. Or the right ones. I grasp for them, send feeble prayers heavenward, but my heart is too heavy to speak more...

My husband is an orphan. Father Robert went to be with the Lord on Friday, October 31st, 2008. It was quick, not altogether unexpected, but a blow nonetheless. We immediately packed our van with children, including our precious one-week-old Gideon, and traveled over six hours to be with Kevin's stepmother, who prevents him from being a *real* orphan, I suppose, since, in his words, she has been his mama longer than Pearl was.

I am with my family, trying to rest, trying to get back some sense of normalcy, even here away from home. We do schoolwork, read books, play at the park, and nap, missing Daddy all the while. I know he is invaluable to his stepmother, as they pull together plans for the service and reminisce together. Lord willing, he will come tonight and be with us for the first time in forty-eight hours. We will hold him, and he us, and gain strength for the days ahead.

We covet your prayers, friends and family. Thank you for upholding us through these emotional weeks- joy, sorrow, pain, healing... He still does all things well.

Love,

Three generations of Hooper men.
Related Posts with Thumbnails