Thursday, February 25, 2010

W.W.L.G.M.D.?

I find myself saying the words to this acronym several times a day.

When frustration threatens, when patience seems to be running out, when energy fizzles but the baby is phasing out his second nap and Quiet Time goes out the window.

What would Layla Grace's mama do? (Go, read. Please. And when you've prayed for this sweet family and you can see again through the tears, come back and see what I'm learning through this...)

What would she do? She would invite the mess, delight in the chaos, rejoice in the interruptions. Forget Quiet Time. Wake up and laugh, Layla Grace.

So I turn to Eliana and pretend to be whatever she wants me to be. I stop scrubbing and look, really look, at the newest enormous lego ship my boys are describing. And I forget the piles of paper, dishes, laundry- and spend Quiet Time with the Little Man who is so not a little baby anymore... when did that happen?

And I pray for Layla Grace, for her mama, and I honor their struggle by honoring this gift I've been given.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love.

Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

We love because he first loved us.

I John 4:16-19
Because He first loved.

Let us be changed.
Related Posts with Thumbnails