Sunday, June 06, 2010

Refreshment, Renewal, and Rain

I've come north, to be refreshed by the Clarkson's (among others) at a home school convention in my home state... and I've come away more encouraged and inspired and blessed than I even believed was possible. I am humbled.

Now I anxiously wait for my husband to head north as well, joining us for a joyful occasion- the wedding of one of the teenagers from our early youth group years, when we were mere newlyweds ourselves! Babies.
I am so looking forward to a few days of renewal with him, and the delight of holding his hand as we watch our graceful daughter walk down the aisle ahead of the bride, scattering flower petals... a gift. I am so thankful.

If you think of us, will you pray, kind friends? The time here will be fleeting, over all too soon, and it comes on the heels of long and hectic weeks of ministry; we are praying for healing rain to fall on our parched hearts, so that we might serve with new commitment and fervor, remembering anew Whose hands we are... and how we are so blessed.

I apologize for the absence of a book review for your list this week- but as always, feel free to peruse the CBM archives! And maybe consider joining us soon with a review of your own?

Have a lovely week!
Related Posts with Thumbnails