Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peter Cottontails


3 ounces cream cheese (or neufchatel)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup finely shredded carrots
1/2 cup grapenuts

Beat cheeses together until blended, stir in carrots. Cover and chill, then shape into balls. Roll in cereal and chill until ready to serve.


And watch them disappear.


{Recipe from Healthy Snacks for Kids by Penny Warner. One of my favorite cookbook staples, and one from which the children enjoy equally the choosing, the helping, (the little sign-making) and the eating!}

4 fellow travelers shared:

Unknown said...

Yum! I have all the ingredients and will try these on my kiddos tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

P.S. I can't stop staring at those lovely, happy curtains. I recognize that Kate Spain Fandango fabric. :)

emily said...

silly and random but i LOVE your curtains!! :) they make me smile.

so glad that you are writing again!!

SarahZ said...

I stopped by to see your curtain! So glad I did (from comment on Kate Spain's blog)! It is wonderful, and so is your blog! I love your children's books feature ...I don't know how to add a link, but one of our perennial favorites is The Bears of Blue River, by Charles Major...we have so many favorites...will try to participate, kay? :)

Bekki said...

I LOVE YOUR CURTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails