Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Notes to Soul

I'm a word girl.

And a Word girl.

I need them ever in front of me; words of truth, words of delight, words of encouragement...


They're scattered around my home, words and the Word. On the windowsill above the kitchen sink sits an acrylic stand holding my worn little Bible, currently open to Philippians, with a copy of these words slipped behind for added inspiration. Sometimes, the only moments I am still are with my hands plunged deep into sudsy water, hence the words of reminder to the left of the sink...

Flanking my piano are brilliantly colored words that make me smile, and remind me to take joy. Slipped between the frame and mirror in our bathroom are these words, taking up a third of the mirror where I glance every morning...

A basket of words by my precious peace retreat, words AND the Word, and I'm feasting before the day begins...


So I knew when Ann began offering notes to soul, word strengtheners, she called them, as a free printable, life-giving quotes and words and Words from her beautiful book, One Thousand Gifts, I knew I needed those words ever before me as well.

This afternoon, Eliana and I found some crafting time, and inspired by a picture I saw on this post months ago at sweet, creative Aimee's, I found a way to see Ann's words daily, to change them in and out with the seasons and the moods and the struggles and the joy...


Because the Word in our words might just change our world, Ann says.

I know it's changed mine.

7 fellow travelers shared:

I Live in an Antbed said...

Lovely, lovely. It is so very necessary for us to have those reminders. He knew we would be blessed by seeing them written on the doorframes, and gates, and on our hands, etc. You did a beautiful job!

Aimee said...

**love** absolutely brilliant idea using the printable...think I'll do that too :) I love your intentional spirit to make the Word alive and everywhere...very inspiring.

Linda said...

I am a word girl too Elise - always amazed at the power they wield.
These are wonderful ideas. I've printed out Ann's words and haven't quite known how to display them. This is a great idea.
Have a blessed day dear heart.

Joy @gracefullmama said...

Love this...I saw this a while back at beautiful Aimee's and I think I need to make one now too! :)
I still think of you every single morning over here in the tropics as we sing The Invitation each and every school day. :)
Last week I had the amazing privilege to speak alongside of beautiful Ann and to have her look in my face and speak those encouraging words....that will keep me going for a loooonnng time. Jesus is all over that woman!
Blessings!!

Kendra said...

Dear Elise,
You are indeed a word/Word girl. That truth is so evident in your writings. I followed your blog about 4 years ago, and have taken a long break from the "blogosphere." But, I am very much enjoying this season of being back around.
Sincerely,
Kendra

Renata said...

I love having reminders around as well!! You've done a great job on this & looks wonderful!
Have a great day
Blessings
Renata:)

Brenda said...

That is such a neat idea! I'm new here, over from Nanna's Reflections. Look forward to reading more of your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails