Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Story Blanket (Part II)

...just need to hand-stitch closed the last edge...


...serge (well, that's fancy for what I'm really doing- setting my machine to a tight zig-zag stitch) the perimeter...


...wrap it in pink paper with this book...


...and watch her open it all through tear-blurred eyes. She'll be six! Six.

Little House in the Big Woods birthday party this Friday, complete with a fiddlin' Papa, handmade muffs for a walk in the Big Woods behind our Little House, and a feast fit for a half-pint and her sweet cousin: beef roast, graham bread, and creamed carrots (all from The Cookbook), and a peppermint-y pie, because she's our Christmas baby. And it's pink.

Joy-filled pictures to come!

9 fellow travelers shared:

Judy K said...

What a gift of love!!! So looking forward to Friday! Papa, Nana and All

Amy Redelsperger said...

How lovely that your Papa will come and play for your gathering...! Such special times! Give hugs to one and all for me...

Christine said...

How absolutely wonderful!! What a special day for a special girl!!

Cindee said...

Very fun blanket! I didn't know (or had forgotten) that we both have a Christmas baby. My Abby turn six this Christmas eve. It's never ceases to amaze me how fast it goes! Have a wonderful celebration!

Anonymous said...

Well done my friend. What a fantastic party theme! Not sure if you lead me to "the cookbook" or I mentioned it to you...either way, its so fantastic and SO perfect for the memorable day. Oh to have a fiddling papa...cant wait to see pictures. Give the big girl a squeeze for me. And say hello to your parents too! - Anna

Linda said...

It all sounds just exactly right Elise. And the blanket...she will treasure it all of her life. I know she will.
Have a joyous celebration.

Rebecca said...

So, so beautiful. What a treasure!

Mommy Emily said...

what an incredible blanket, elise! what a loving heart you have. merry christmas friend.

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous blanket!! Thanks for finding me again!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails