Monday, January 14, 2008

Sweetness

For a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water, however suddenly jolted.
-from If by Amy Carmichael

Father, I don't prepare for the jolts today; I simply concentrate on brimming with sweetness. May it begin first thing, this satiation; with the Word, with You. Head bowed in communion, hands lifted in helpless supplication.

May I fill my children with sweetness through loving touch, peaceful demeanor, patient words; when they are jostled may Your Spirit, like honey, overflow from them.

May that seemingly endless well of bitterness grow dry today, as we neglect to drink from it. And in its dry, painful place grow a bed of peace, quenched by the sweet water overflowing.

The jolts come- how I welcome them. An opportunity to *suddenly* drip sweet. How lovely.
Related Posts with Thumbnails