Thursday, July 02, 2009

Jungle Pilot

I know how the story ends. Or, rather, the way it began.

And yet I sat, heart pounding, fingers curled tight around the paper boards, brow furrowed in concern as I read closer and closer to that fateful day.

He was a son, a brother, a pilot, a husband, a father... but He was always, always, God's first mate.

I read when I could... it took me a couple of weeks. But I am left with a sense of excitement, a challenge to look closer, to observe in greater detail, to trust fully, to sway with the plane as it moves from side to side, piloted by my Captain; I want to rest fully in His care.

Nate Saint left us a treasure trove of words; observations, brilliant inventions, soul attuned to listen, heart completely and fully focused on spreading the Good News.

Jungle Pilot.

Read it, and be changed.

I am.

(The book is free if you click on the link... please look around while you're there and see what else you might be able to do to support this important ministry! And perhaps, when you've finished the book, you can pass it on to a friend, or donate it to your library. It's a story that has touched so many... let's keep it going! And let's don't forget our dear friend Joy and her family, who are missionaries to Indonesia with MAF!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails