Friday, April 16, 2010

Dirt

While brother carefully rolled up his pants (unbidden!), sister in the pretty pink dress took but a moment to consider the dirt...


... and before she could change her mind, because her dress was twirly and whirly and lacy and might get dirty, Mama!, she made a dash for it.


She zoomed right past him, and he turned to call, Wait for me!


And she made it to the other side... but where did her big brothers go?


Here is little brother. He couldn't be bothered to step in the dirt.


He quite preferred to shriek in delight at his sibling's antics.


Also, he wanted to enjoy a dirt-free muffin. He told me.


But when he turned his back, only for a moment, that is when the giant planes attacked. And then he wanted his pants rolled up, too, so he could join the fun.


Smiles.


And dirt.


Because I said Yes! I bypassed Instead, did not pass Go, did not collect $200... just took a deep breath and said Yes. (Silly, isn't it? That I would even consider saying No?)

And do you want to know the best part? We came in to eat dinner, and then did dishes and read stories and put on pajamas...

... and went to bed with dirty feet.

Today is Laundry Day. And, I guarantee, so is tomorrow. Because the dirt is still there, and I'm going to say Yes! again. And again and again and again...

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends! Go find some dirt and be blessed with Yes!
Related Posts with Thumbnails